First real hoverboard – level 1
A company creates a hoverboard. The hoverboard is like a skateboard, but it has no wheels. It hovers 1 inch above the ground. The American company tests its 18th model.
The hoverboard creates a magnetic field. This magnetic field pushes the board off the ground. You can give $100 to the company, and you can ride on the hoverboard. If you give the company $10,000, you can have the hoverboard.
Difficult words: create (make), wheel (thing which is like a circle and it is on a car or a skateboard), hover (be in the air).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Which sci-fi thing/technology would you like to become real?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos