First woman becomes Sweden´s Prime Minister – level 1
Magdalena Andersson becomes Sweden´s first Prime Minister. She is the Finance Minister before that.
Stefan Lofven is the Prime Minister before Andersson. He makes a government in 2018. Since 2018, Sweden’s situation changes a lot. Now, there are more immigrants. There is more crime. The government must solve new problems. New political groups get in the government.
Andersson´s job will be very hard. She must make a new government. She does not have a lot of help. She has only some people who are in her political group.
She must make a plan for how the government will spend money next year. It seems that it will not be possible for her to do this.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.