Flooded road in China – level 1
It rains a lot in east China. The rain causes flash flooding. A road is underwater. Ten vehicles cannot move.
Most people leave their vehicles. However, people from a bus need help. There are children and old people on the bus. Firefighters help them. They use ladders. Everybody is fine.
Difficult words: flash flooding (big water which comes quickly from rain), vehicle (machine for going places like a car or a bus), ladder (thing for going up or down from high places).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like bad news with happy ending?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.