Flooded road in China – level 2
Heavy rains caused flash flooding in east China. The rains trapped ten vehicles on a road.
Most of the people left their vehicles, but passengers on a bus were elderly and children. They had to wait for firefighters. Firefighters used ladders to help the passengers climb to safety. Nobody was injured.
Difficult words: flash flooding (sudden flood in one area), trap (to prevent movement), elderly (old people), ladder (thing used for climbing up or down from high places).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like bad news with happy ending?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos