Flooding in Iran – level 1
It rains a lot in Iran. The rain starts in March. There is too much water. Many parts of Iran are flooded. People are in danger. Thousands of them must leave. Seventy people die. The water destroys almost 2,000 cities and villages.
The Red Crescent is an organisation in Iran. It helps the people. It helps them move. It gives them tents and blankets.
The IFRC is another organisation. It helps people around the world. It sends Iran $500,000. However, Iran says it does not have the money. Iran says that this is because the USA is blocking Iran.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.