Flying Car – level 1
A Slovak company makes a special car. It is a flying car.
The first test of the car is on October 22. The test takes place at an airport in Slovakia. The car drives on the runway on wheels. Then it changes into a flying car. The change takes less than three minutes. The car flies almost 460 meters high in the air. It flies over Slovakia.
The car can carry 200 kilograms. It has a 1.6-liter engine. The car can fly about 1,000 kilometers without a break with this engine.
The car is very easy and comfortable to use. People do not need to travel to an airport. They can fly where they need. Then they park the car in a car park.
Difficult words: flying (able to fly), runway (the place where you start to fly or land after you fly), wheel (a round part of a vehicle that makes the vehicle move on the ground easily), engine (a part of a machine that makes the machine work).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.