Food for Yemen – level 1
Yemen has problems. Many Yemenis are hungry. The United Nations helps them. They send them food.
However, there is a problem. Not all of the food gets to the people. Houthi rebels take some of the food. They take about $15 million worth of food every month. Children die because of this.
The UN is trying to talk to the Houthis. If the talks fail, the UN can stop sending the food. If they stop sending the food, they will still help women and children.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.