Four men in the air – level 1
Four men fly over Manhattan. They wear wingsuits. They look like flying squirrels.
They travel at 120 miles per hour (75 kilometres per hour). They can see New York. They fly by a famous building. They land on a boat.
Difficult words: wingsuit (special suit for flying), squirrel (small animal which lives in trees and eats nuts), land (get down).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you try this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.