Freestyle motocross – level 3
There are many ways you can win a freestyle motocross event in front of 23,000 fans in Madrid.
New Zealand’s Levi Sherwood had a go with one of these. Australian Josh Sheehan tried with a double back flip. He’s not even facing the right way there.
But it wasn’t enough. The expectant Spanish crowd wanted something they hadn’t seen before, and that is what Frenchman Thomas Pages delivered, landing the first ever bike flip in competition.
Already known as an innovator in the sport, Pages posted a video of himself landing the trick on Facebook earlier in the year, but this is the first time it has been landed in full competition.
Coming off the ramp at a slight angle, pulling down on the handlebars to start the rotation and then spinning his body at the last second.
Completely flipping a near 200-pound motorcycle in midair was enough to secure Thomas Pages his first Red Bull X Fighters win of 2014.
Difficult words: expectant (waiting for something amazing).
Do you have a motorcycle? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.