French city wants Madonna’s painting – level 2
The mayor of Amiens, France, made an official appeal to the singer Madonna.
The mayor said that the painting once hung in the local museum. The name of the work was Diana and Endymion, and Jérome-Martin Langlois painted it in the 19th century. Before World War I, the Louvre Museum lent the painting to Amiens, but during the war, the work was lost. For many years, nobody knew where the painting was.
The mayor said that Amiens was a candidate for the European capital of culture for 2028. She said if Madonna could lend the painting to Amiens in 2028, the situation would be great. Local people could also discover it again.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.