French police and immigrants – level 1
Immigrants come to France. They are often from Asia, The Middle East or Africa. They want to live in Europe.
Some people don’t want immigrants in Europe. They make the immigrants go. Police make 600 to 800 immigrants go.
The operation happened days after the European elections. A political group won. This political group does not like immigrants.
Difficult words: immigrant (person who moves from one country to another), operation (the action), election (situation when people choose their bosses) win (to be chosen).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have a lot of immigrants in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.