French Spider Man climbs a tall building – level 2
People named a French climber the French Spider Man because he likes to climb tall buildings, such as skyscrapers. Back in 2011, he climbed the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, in Dubai.
Recently, he climbed up the Cayan, which is another building in Dubai, and it is 75 storeys high and 307 metres tall. He took 70 minutes to climb up and did not use a rope to help him. His ascent was dangerous because he only used chalk and tape on his fingertips to help him grip the outside of the building.
Difficult words: ascent (when you climb up), fingertips (the ends of your fingers).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the French Spider Man?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.