Friends are back – level 2
“Friends” premiered in 1994 and it became one of NBC’s most-watched shows. It is also one of the greatest TV shows in history.
The popular sitcom followed the lives of young New Yorkers in their mid-20s. Their names were Ross, Phoebe, Chandler, Monica, Rachel and Joey.
In 2004, the TV show came to an end, and the actors rarely came together as a group. But now, TV bosses announced that the friends will get together for a two-hour comedy special on NBC next month.
Difficult words: NBC (an American television channel), follow (to show), announce (to say something officially).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like the show?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos