Frozen food helps hot animals – level 1
The weather is very hot in Brazil. The temperatures rise to 48°C. Some animals in a zoo are very hot. They are not active. They are tired.
People want to make the animals feel better. People help them. They give them frozen food.
There are 2700 animals at the zoo. They eat two tonnes of frozen food every day.
Difficult words: rise (to go up), tired (when you have no energy), frozen (covered in ice).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos