Frozen Pants Challenge – level 2
Arctic winds brought very cold weather to the US, and several people already died. For some people, though, it was a lot of fun, too.
Many people took part in the frozen pants challenge, and social media became full of photos of frozen pants which were standing outside on their own.
Some people were very creative, and they used pajama pants or hockey and karate uniforms to make funny photos. A woman in Minneapolis decorated her front garden with pants of different colors to make her day bright.
If you want to try it, the trick is simple. You soak your pants in water and hang them outside. It takes only a few minutes and the pants start to freeze. Then you shape the pants and put them outside in the snow.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.