Frozen waterfall in China – level 2
Temperatures dropped as low as -12°C in an area in China, and part of a waterfall on the Yellow River froze.
It looks amazing. Tourists flock from across the country to have a look. There are ice and icicles everywhere.
However, the weather can get even colder. Two years ago, the temperature dropped to -40°C in China’s far west. If this happens again, the whole waterfall will freeze.
Difficult words: flock (to come in large numbers), icicle (a thin, hanging piece of ice).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.