Fugu fish in Crimea – level 1
Here is some news from Crimea. It is about the fugu fish. This fish does not normally live in Crimea. Experts want to know why it is there.
The fish is very special. It gets big when it is in danger. It looks like a balloon. Its organs are poisonous. If you eat a little, you die.
People from Crimea don’t like the fish. They say that it is a danger to other animals.
Difficult words: organ (important part of the body that helps the body stay alive), poisonous (something that can kill you because it will make your organs stop working), danger (when something is not safe).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this situation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.