Fukushima water will get into the ocean – level 1
Japan wants to release water from the Fukushima plant into the ocean.
Experts say that the water is not dangerous anymore. They treat the water. They take away most radioactive parts. But there is still a type of hydrogen called tritium. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) prepares a report. The report says that the water is safe. United Nations agree with the plan. Japan will release the water into the ocean this summer.
Japanese fishermen do not agree. They worry that the water will hurt fish. China and neighboring countries do not agree either.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What evidence supports the statement that the water is safe for the ocean?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.