Fun skiing event in Siberia – level 2
Russians in Siberia put on costumes and took part in an unusual winter sporting event. At the event, participants ski down a hill and jump into a cold pool of water. The goal is to slide across the pond.
This year, 111 people of ages from 9 to 68 joined the competition, but only seven people managed to slide across the pond to the finish. Others ended up in the cold water.
This is a positive show for fun. One boy has a different costume every year. This time, he dressed as Spider Man. Next time, he will wear something different.
Difficult words: costume (clothes which make you look like a different person), participant (a person who participates in something – does something), slide (move).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos