Future of jobs – level 2
A new survey by the World Economic Forum (WEF) predicts that around 25% of jobs will change in the next five years. The survey got information from over 800 companies and analyzed 673 million jobs.
According to the report, technology and digitalization will both create and cut jobs. Jobs like secretaries and bank tellers may decrease, but companies will need more experts in AI, cybersecurity, and machine learning. The survey suggests that by 2027, there will be 69 million new jobs, but 83 million jobs will be lost.
All this means that the job market will see big changes in the coming years. Companies will need to adapt to new technologies and increase their digitalization to keep up with the changing job market.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What strategies can companies employ to ensure a successful transition to new jobs in the digital economy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.