Gasoline problems – level 1
A cyberattack on a pipeline happens in the US. The attack is very big. People think that the company pays $5 million to the hackers. The company does not say if it is true.
The company must stop the pipeline when the attack starts. Then people are scared. They start to buy a lot of gasoline. Soon the gas stations have no gasoline. The price of gasoline goes up.
The situation is better after some time when ships and big cars come with gasoline and fill the empty gas stations.
Difficult words: cyberattack (when somebody attacks a company through the Internet), pipeline (many long pipes which bring gasoline from one place to another place), gasoline (petrol), gas station (a petrol station), fill (to put something into a container).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos