Gene Wilder – level 3
Millions knew Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka in the 1971 film “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory”. As one of the actresses from the film described him, he was a kind, generous and patient man.
His sense of comedy was irresistibly funny, and his performances in “Young Frankenstein” and “Blazing Saddles” earned him Oscar nominations.
Wilder suffered from Alzheimer’s but he had chose not to make this public. Not for reasons of vanity but because he simply couldn’t bear the idea of one less smile in the world. He passed away on Monday at the age of 83. Thousands of tributes have been pouring in for the actor.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.