Genetic tests – level 3
Genetic tests can uncover connections that you never knew existed. Revelations can upend families with upsetting findings or enrich them with incredible discoveries.
Genetic test companies start read the sequence of the three billion letters in your genetic code. Occasional variations in the code are markers that make your genes unique. Computer programs identify people who share many of these markers, which makes them possibly close relatives.
Many different kinds of genetic tests exist, and they are useful for areas of medicine, too. You might need genetic tests to learn whether you have a genetic condition in your family or to learn if a current or future pregnancy will lead to a genetic condition.
Difficult words: upend (to turn upside down), sequence (a particular order of events), variation (slightly different from the usual order or arrangement).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos