Giant Marshmallow Man – level 3
It’s not every day you see a giant marshmallow bursting its way through the floor of Waterloo station and no, you’re not dreaming – that is green slime hanging from the ceiling. It’s all in aid of this – the brand new Ghostbusters movie. Eighties movie fans can’t believe their luck.
Some want to get pictures of Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, some want to get pictures with him, then there are those who want to show off for the cameras. And then there are those who are simply lost for words.
It’s back, the long-awaited return of the hits cult movie is out today, no matter which way you look at it, at 2.9 meters high and 2.8 metres wide this won’t be something you’ll forget in a hurry.
Difficult words: burst (break open), slime (an unpleasantly thick and slippery liquid).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.