Giraffe hits a bridge – level 1
Two giraffes are in a lorry. A man moves them. The lorry goes on a road.
The lorry has no roof. This transportation is bad. The giraffes are not safe. The lorry goes under a bridge. One giraffe hits the bridge. Its head is injured.
The man takes the giraffes to a vet. The injured giraffe dies. The second one is fine. The driver can get in trouble for this.
Difficult words: lorry (big car for moving things), roof (the top of a car or a house), vet (doctor for animals).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What makes you sadder? A hurt animal or a hurt person?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.