Girl cannot take her hand out – level 2
It happened again! A little girl from China reached through a drain, and she could not get her hand out.
But luckily, firefighters were quickly called to help. They used a hydraulic tool and lubricants to get the girl’s hand out.
Difficult words: drain (frame of metal bars over a pipe which carries dirty water away), hydraulic tool (tool moved by the pressure of water), lubricant (something like oil).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever got stuck?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos