Girl cannot take her hand out – level 3
It’s happened again! Yes, this time a little girl in China had to be rescued after she got her hand stuck in a drain.
The child reached through the drain out of curiosity only to discover that she couldn’t get her hand out.
But luckily, firefighters were quickly called to the scene in northwest China’s Shaanxi Province.
Using a hydraulic tool and lubricants, they managed to pull her hand out of the grill.
Difficult words: drain (frame of metal bars over a pipe which carries dirty water away), curiosity (she wanted to learn about it by playing with it), grill (flat frame with metal bars across it).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos