Girl is saved – level 2
A seven-year-old Colombian girl was in the jungle with her parents. She was collecting coconuts when she got lost.
She was missing for nearly three weeks and people thought she was dead. Recently, the police received an anonymous call with information about the girl.
People found the little girl in a hut in the jungle. They reunited her with her worried parents on her way to hospital.
Difficult words: anonymous (from an unknown person), hut (a small, simple building), reunite (to come together again).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about what happened to the girl?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos