Girl stops a kidnapper – level 1
In Florida, US, an 11-year-old girl plays in grass next to a road. She waits for a school bus. A white car drives by her. Then it comes back.
A man gets out of the car. He runs to the girl. He wants to take her with him. She kicks him. She puts a blue color on him. Then the man runs away.
Police look for the man. Police know his car. Police find the man later that day. They also see the blue color on his arms.
The girl says that she watches a TV show about criminals. Information from the TV show helps her in this situation.
Difficult words: arm (the part of your body between your shoulder and your hand), criminal (a person who does very bad things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos