Glaciers in Argentina – level 1
This news is from Argentina. There is an ice river. It is 29 kilometres long. It is a big tourist attraction. There are 200 glaciers. The only place that has more ice is Antarctica.
One of the glaciers is especially interesting. It sheds ice every four years. It is quite a show. Many people come to watch it.
Difficult words: attraction (something which is interesting so you come to see it), glacier (a big piece of ice), shed (to let fall off).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have glaciers where you live?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos