Glaciers in Argentina – level 2
The White Giant is one of Argentina’s biggest tourist attractions. It is a 29-kilometre long river of ice. It is home to more than 200 glaciers, and it is the largest continental ice extension in the world after Antarctica.
There is a glacier which sheds ice about every four years, and large numbers of people come to watch the show.
Around 4 thousand people recently watched the roof of an ice tunnel fall. It was quite something.
Difficult words: glacier (a big piece of ice that is floating in water), extension (the area with the ice), shed (to let fall off).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have glaciers where you live?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos