Glass Bridge in China – level 2
In China, people erected a bridge with a glass bottom and invited other people to hit it with sledgehammers to test its strength.
This really took some courage because the bridge is 300 metres above the ground. However, these people were harnessed to the side of the bridge.
An Israeli architect is behind this project and he says that this bridge is the largest glass bridge in the world.
Difficult words: erect (build), sledgehammer (a large, heavy hammer), harnessed (in a set of straps for protection).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos