Glass slide in the air – level 1
A glass slide is opened on the side of a building. The building is the tallest building in LA. The slide is 305 metres above the streets.
People can sit on the slide and slide on it for 14 metres. The slide finishes on the 69th floor.
The glass is only 3 centimetres thick. It is very strong. It can survive a hurricane and even an earthquake.
Difficult words: slide (the thing on which you slide – move down and have fun), survive (live through), earthquake (when the ground moves).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.