Goats stop fires – level 1
The weather in some parts of the US is getting drier and hotter. Wildfires happen more often. Farmers have an idea on how to stop the fires. They use goats. Goats eat grass and leaves. This helps stop the spread of fires.
Goats are better than cows or sheep. Goats have long necks. They can eat leaves which are two meters high. They can climb on rocks.
One goat weighs about 45 kilograms. It can eat 5.5 kilograms of grass and leaves every day.
It is a good business for ranchers. Ranchers take their goats to people´s lands. People feel safer because fires will not come. Also, they do not need to mow their land.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.