Gold in cow pee – level 1
Scientists study cow pee. The cow pee is from India. The scientists study it for 7 years. They have 500 samples of cow pee. Each sample is from a different cow.
Every sample has gold in it. There is 10 to 30 milligrams of gold in a litre of pee.
The team makes another discovery. The team says that cow pee can also be used in medicine.
Difficult words: pee (the yellowish “water” that leaves the body), sample (a little bit of something for testing), make a discovery (discover something – find out about it).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos