Goodbye Selfie Sticks – Level 3
In 2015, the selfie stick was extremely popular. Many people bought them, as they were useful for taking pictures of yourself or of a group while also capturing the sight behind you, such as at iconic places.
The extendable selfie stick was also easier than having to ask someone to take your picture for you.
However, some people feel that selfie sticks are a pain, and as it turns out, the era of the selfie stick is coming to an end. Online searches for the device are down by 50%. One reason may be that people do not need more than one selfie stick.
Difficult words: sight (a place), iconic (famous and recognizable), extendable (a thing that can be made longer), pain (an annoyance, something which makes you feel uncomfortable), era (a time of something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.