Google and Fitbit – level 1
Fitbit is a company that makes wearable technology. Google and Fitbit make a deal. Google is going to add Fitbit to its company. Google says that Fitbit is worth about $2.1 billion.
The deal is going to help both companies. Google is not selling much wearable technology. Apple and Samsung are the leaders of wearable technology. Fitbit does not have a lot of money to spend to make better technology. Other companies have a lot more money.
Fitbit says that it is going to keep its health and fitness data private. It is not going to use its data for Google ads.
Difficult words: wearable technology (a device that you can wear to measure your exercise activity), health and fitness data (the information that comes from your exercise activity such as how long you exercise, how much your heart beats, or how far you step), private (when only one person can see something that is his).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.