Google’s First Phone – level 3
Google made a phone from the inside and out and introduced it last week. Google calls it Pixel. It comes in two sizes – 5 or 5.5 inches – and in three colours, which the company is calling very silver, quite black, and really blue.
Unlike the new iPhone 7, it does have a normal 3.5 mm headphone jack, so no adaptor is needed. At the event in California, Google said that its teams had spent the previous year designing and optimising the camera. It says that it is the best camera in any phone, capturing significantly more light than others.
The Pixel was available to pre-order the day that it was introduced, being priced at £599 in the UK or $649 in the US.
Difficult words: adaptor (a device that you use to hook up two different things together), optimise (improve something so it runs better and faster), significantly (very much).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos