Gorilla saves her little sister – level 3
A gorilla in Israel Safari zoo came to the rescue of her younger sister yesterday after she fell into a five-metre moat. A passing visitor filmed the three-year-old gorilla named Amelia falling into the ditch.
Her eight-year-old sister Ania then carried her on her back, attempting to climb up the moat wall but was scared off by a power cable and fell down.
The zoo spokesman said the pair then successfully climbed up the other side of the moat onto the visitor’s area which was evacuated by the zoo staff.
After Amelia recovered, all gorillas who are kept at the night house were released back into their open yard.
Difficult words: moat (a deep, wide space with water in it in the ground for protection), ditch (moat), attempt (to try).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos