Gossip is Good – level 2
You do not need to worry about gossiping anymore because gossiping helps make people human. When we gossip, we pass on important information about who we should trust within the large groups that we live in now.
Also, we live longer because when we gossip, we bond with our family and friends. We build our social network when we bond and this helps us live longer than anything else!
Gossip only became negative in modern times. Researchers asked people what they thought about gossip. People said that they didn’t trust people who gossiped too much or gossiped too little.
Difficult words: gossiping (talking about someone who is not with you), bond (to feel connected to other people), social network (the people that you know and who they know).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like to gossip?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos