Graffiti in Subway – level 1
Banksy is a British street artist. In his art, he says what he thinks about politics and society. He does a lot of work. Many people around the world know him. However, nobody knows his real name.
Last week, Banksy sprays graffiti in a London subway. Banksy’s idea is to help people during the coronavirus pandemic. People in London must wear face masks in public transport. Banksy wants people to remember this rule.
However, it is not legal to spray graffiti in the London subway. Cleaners clean the graffiti quickly. Cleaners do not know that the graffiti is Banksy’s work. Officials welcome Banksy’s help during the coronavirus pandemic. Officials will find a better place. Banksy can do his work there.
Difficult words: society (a large group of people who have similar ideas and who live in the same place), spray graffiti (to write or draw on walls, houses, and other things with paint that comes out of a can), pandemic (a disease that makes people sick all over the world), public transport (the buses and trains that people use in towns and cities).http://spray+graffiti
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos