Gran Canaria mystery – level 1
Archaeologists find bones in a cave on Gran Canaria island. The bones are from six young men. They lie face-down. Their hands are tied and stones are on top of them.
The burial is different from the normal way. Maybe, this means that it is a symbolic death. Archaeologists do not know when the burials happen. They do not find anything with the bones. They will have to use a special method to figure it out.
The men may die a long time ago. Even before Spain takes control of the island or after.
Difficult words: burial (putting something in the ground), symbolic (when something represents something else), bone (hard parts inside the body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What method do archaeologists plan to use to determine how long ago the burials took place?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos