Grandmas and a hot air balloon – level 1
This story is about two grandmothers. They achieve their dream. They fly in a hot air balloon. It is their first ride.
The ladies worry. They think that they are very heavy for the balloon. One woman worries about the fire. She thinks that her hair might catch fire but she relaxes after some time. She enjoys the view. The hot air balloon is a great experience for the grandmothers. They say that it makes them feel younger.
Difficult words: achieve (do), ride (way), view (what you can see from the balloon), experience (event which you remember).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Do you like hot air balloons?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.