Granny Graduates – level 1
This news is about a woman. She is from England. When she is 15, she leaves school. She thinks that she will never get a degree.
The Second World War is a problem. She has health problems, too. However, she gets better.
She graduates at the University of Bristol. She is the oldest graduate of the university. She is 86 years old when she graduates.
Difficult words: will (in the future), degree (a document which you get after you finish university), graduate verb (finish university), graduate noun (a person who finishes university).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos