Great Barrier Reef – level 1
This news is about the Great Barrier Reef. The Great Barrier Reef is in Australia. It is a place with many corals.
The water there is warm. It is 28 °C. Something amazing happens. The corals reproduce. They release eggs into the water.
This happens at night. Some people see it happen. They say that it is amazing.
Difficult words: coral (an animal which lives in the water and looks like a stone), reproduce (create babies), release (let out).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to see this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.