Great Five-year Video of the Sun – level 2
NASA’s scientists took a picture of the sun every eight hours from June 2010 to February 2015. They put the pictures together and created a time-lapse video. Make sure to check it out!
You can see how the sun hurls solar material into space. This material which stays around the sun is known as the corona.
The scientists also studied the sun’s energy and its effects on earth.
Difficult words: hurl (to throw), solar (relating to the sun), corona (the circle of light around the sun).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like this type of news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos