Great journey in a tractor – level 1
This news is about an actress. She is from Holland. She goes on a journey. She drives through Europe and Africa. She arrives in Cape Town. She travels in a tractor. People call her “the tractor girl.”
She also drives to the South Pole. She travels 2,500 kilometres across Antarctica. She is in a tractor again. There are some problems on the way, but she gets there. She is very happy.
Difficult words: journey (trip), arrive (to get to a place), tractor (a big machine which is used for farming).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to travel the world?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.