Hackers steal money – level 1
A hacker is a person who knows a lot about technology. He knows how to get into somebody’s computer. He steals important information or money.
The Lazarus Group is a group of North Korean hackers. The North Korean government leads the group. Experts believe that the group steals money for the government. Experts do not know how many people are in the group.
They are more successful every year. They steal more and more money. Last year, they steal about $400 million in cryptocurrency. The number is already higher this year.
Harmony is a California blockchain company. Blockchain is a special technology. It makes transactions in digital money.
The Lazarus Group gets into Harmony’s computers. They steal Harmony’s usernames and passwords. Also, they steal $100 million.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.