Halloween fireballs – level 2
Between September and December every year, the earth travels through debris from a comet. Some of the debris enters the atmosphere as meteors.
The meteors are most visible at the end of November, and that’s why people often call them Halloween fireballs.
People saw two green fireballs in Thailand and Poland. People filmed them from their cars.
Difficult words: debris (little pieces of something broken), fireball (a big round thing that is on fire).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Did you see the meteors?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.