Hamas and Israel fight – level 1
In Gaza, a man sees a building fall down. He says that an Israeli plane shoots at it. He sees many women and children who leave the building. He says they are not soldiers.
A reporter talks about the situation. He says that Israeli planes are bombing places in Gaza. They are doing this because militants shoot rockets at Israel.
He says that people are worried. They hope that Israel and militants from Hamas can agree to stop the fight.
Israel says that it is shooting at military buildings where militants hide. It says that military buildings are in areas where normal people live.
Difficult words: militant (a soldier who is not in the government), rocket (a very large bullet), military (connected with soldiers).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos